Hello. Did you miss us? August has come and went and there’s been no activity on this blog. That’s because not a whole lot happened in August that could possibly compare to our epic Dry Tortugas and Keys trip. After returning home to our home port at Snook Bight Marina, we fell back into our regular work schedules and Corey got ready for school to start again. August and September here is miserable with the thick humidity and high temperatures. We usually hibernate in the boat enjoying the cool AC. We did manage to have a few highlights:
- We celebrated both my parents’ birthdays at Doc Fords
- We celebrated my nephew, Ryan’s 9th birthday at HeadPinz in Fort Myers
- We got to attend one of my father’s band practices and Corey got a chance to play along
- We had plenty of dolphin and manatee sightings in the marina
- Oh, and we almost had a hurricane (Erica) breathing down our necks
That last highlight caused a little excitement around the marina. At one point we were directly in the path of tropical storm Erica’s cone. After three days of excitement (and guessing on the meteorologist’s part) it ended up fizzeling out. We were instructed by the marina to move Blue Turtle from the face dock to one of the interior slips for better protection. At least we got a different view of the marina (and a closer walk) for a few days.